LAGI is delighted to have an exhibition of past competition submissions as a part of the Eastern Shore Land Conservancy's 16th Eastern Shore Planning Conference “Powering Our Renewable Energy Future.”
Where: The Tidewater Inn, in Easton, Maryland
When: Thursday, November 19, 2015
The Eastern Shore has the potential to be the undisputed leader in Maryland’s renewable energy generation and locally produced renewable energy holds a promise of future resilience and prosperity.
Accomplishing this includes balancing the expense to resources like tillable acreage, wildlife habitat, rural vistas, and more. How can the Eastern Shore’s communities, residents, and industries benefit from clean, affordable renewable energy while maintaining its rural landscapes and independent character?
This conference seeks to understand:
- what renewable energy technologies are available today;
- what emerging technologies exist;
- how can renewable energy properly fit into a rural landscape;
- how can rural industries, like agriculture, take advantage of renewable energy technologies;
- how can broader renewable energy adoption help make communities more resilient and add to the rural independent character of the region; and
- how can residents and communities participate in the benefits of renewable energy?